COLLOIDAL SILVER from RIVERS OF HEALTH
Rivers of Health has been producing High Stability Colloidal Silver
for many years at its manufacturing facility in Dorset; it's well known as an anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-microbial agent.
They use the
latest electro-current controlled technology and a 9 stage water
purification process. The final product has a silver content of 10ppm,
but more importantly, the very small particle size means that it can be
more effective than some other products with a higher silver content.
This is because as the particle size decreases the surface area
available for contact with microbes increases. The small particle size
also improves the stability of the product as there is less of a
tendency for the silver particles to agglomerate or settle out, and
hence this product has a shelf life of at least 12 months.
An Old Friend
The beneficial properties of silver have been known for many years, and it was used quite extensively in
medicine right up until the 1940s. It only fell out of favour when it
was supplanted in many applications by penicillin and other modern
'wonder drugs'. However, we now know that we can over do it a bit with
some of these, and hence the re-emergence of some of the more
traditional treatments and remedies. Consequently, silver is recognised
once again as a versatile and effective anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-microbial
Typical applications include its use in main stream medicine for the
treatment of burns and scalds, and Elastoplast has developed a silver
impregnated plaster for domestic use.
Silver can be utilised in a number of different ways, but one of the most useful is as a suspension of silver particles in water; in this format, it can be used both topically and it can be taken
internally. However, its effectiveness can vary with the quality of the
product, and this is determined by a number of factors such as the silver content and the
Colloidal Silver has
many potential applications and some of these are listed below. This
list was derived from customer feedback and compiled by Rivers of Health. It should not be taken as a medical recommendation. If in any doubt at all medical
advice should always be sort from a qualified doctor or healthcare
professional before using Colloidal Silver. Similarly, advice should
always be sort from a vet if you plan to use it with birds or animals.
- Colloidal Silver is taken daily by many people. A typical dose would
be one 5ml teaspoonful per day and this is thought to promote general
health and well being.
- apply 3 times per day, or whenever the itching becomes unbearable! Has a soothing effect and helps to prevent infection.
Minor Burns and Scalds
- apply immediately and repeat 3 times per day. Has a soothing effect and helps promote healing.
- wash feet and then spray liberally with Colloidal Silver.
Alternatively, for best effect immerse feet in a bowl containing approx
one part Colloidal Silver and four parts water for 30 minutes.
Cuts and Grazes
- apply 3 times per day. Helps to keep the area clean and infection free.
- gargle with about 30ml or a tablespoonful for at least a minute - the longer the better!
- apply 3 times per day. Has a soothing effect and can help to promote healing.
- ideal for spraying on the spots to reduce the itching, promote healing, and reduce the risk of the spots becoming infected.
- often quite effective - apply 3 times per day.
- spray the affected area 3 times per day.
- spray the affected area and repeat at hourly or two-hourly intervals during the first few hours after burning.
- spray affected area when changing.
- Colloidal Silver makes a good After Shave when diluted half and half with distilled Witch Hazel.
Birds and Animals
- sometimes used for birds and animals with skin problems by spraying several times per day until relief is obtained.
Colloidal Silver can be sprayed directly onto the skin or applied with a dropper. It
can be used as a gargle or as a mouth and throat spray, and it can be
taken internally in small amounts. It may also be suitable for use with plants, birds and animals, which can often be difficult to treat by other means.
We have found it to be very useful for treating acne, nettle stings and insect bites and stings of various different types. It can be soothing when applied to the
skin, and it's particularly well suited for bites in your hair, which
can easily become irritated or infected by scratching.
50ml Spray Bottle: £3.55
250ml refill Bottle: £11.55